Wherever you are, whatever you’re doing, stop and say “hi” to someone - start a conversation, and make a friend! You’ll be so glad you did. Not sure where to start? Being involved in your community is one of the best ways to meet new people. Staying active and participating in sports is also a great way to be social and make friends. Sign up for a club or organization, join a sports team, or start volunteering, the possibilities are endless and maybe you’ll find someone who shares a common interest with you.
Whether old, new, or somewhere in between, friends play such an important role in our lives. Most of us can agree that life would be a lot harder without friends by our side. In honor of National Make a Friend Day we’ve compiled a few of our favorite quotes on friendship to keep you inspired. Enjoy!
- “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” -Henry Ford
- “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” -Elbert Hubbard
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” -A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
- “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.” -Helen Keller
- “Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things.” -Unknown
- “What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.” -Aristotle
- “A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart.” -Heather Pryor
What's a favorite quote that reminds you of your friends?